Call our office at (717) 630-2255 or use our online contact form to schedule an appointment.
Resources for those who are struggling with ADHD:
- Statistics on ADHD
- Article: What Do You Know About ADHD?
- Recommended reading on ADHD
- Link: C.H.A.D.D. - Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
- Link: ADHD information from National Institute of Mental Health
- Approximately 1.6 million elementary school-aged children have been diagnosed with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). 
- On average, there are 1 to 3 children who have ADHD in every classroom of 30 students. 
- The rate of emotional development for children with ADHD is 30% slower than their non-ADD peers. For example, a 10-year-old with ADHD operates at the maturity level of about a 7-year-old; a 16-year-old beginning driver is using the decision making skills of an 11-year-old. 
- 65% of children with ADHD have problems with defiance, non-compliance and other problems with authority figures, including verbal hostility and temper tantrums. 
- Parents of a child who has ADHD are three times as likely to separate or divorce as parents of non-ADD children 
- 35% of teens with ADHD eventually drop out of school. 
- As many as half of those with ADHD also have other mental disorders, which can make it harder to diagnose and treat ADHD. 
Schedule an Appointment Today
We are a team of experienced counselors that are here to help you. Our staff has a diverse set of abilities and specialties in order to assist clients with a wide variety of needs. To schedule an appointment or to get more information, please call our Hanover, PA office at 717.630.2255. (Learn more about our Christian counseling services).
 Statistical research of Russell Barkley, http://www.additudemag.com/web/article/623.html
 National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2002. What is Attention-Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder?